Recipe Summary: The prep time on our lamb meatballs is 15 minutes, and cook time is 20 minutes.
- Vegetable oil ¼ cup
- Fresh rosemary, chopped 1 tbls
- Fresh Thyme 1 tbls
- Kosher salt 1 tbls
- Diced red onions 1 cup
- Chopped garlic 1 tbls
- Cracked black Pepper ½ tbls
- Red pepper flakes ¼ tbls
- Cinnamon ¼ tbls
- Cumin ½ tsp
- Nutmeg 1 pinch
- Ground lamb 1.25 lb
- Ground pork .25 lb
- Eggs 1 each
- Ciabatta bread 1 cup, diced and toasted
- Panko bread crumbs ¾ cup
- Romano cheese, grated 2 tbls
- In a large sauté pan, add oil and cook onions and garlic until tender and translucent.
- Add dry spices and allow to cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground meats with the cooled onion mixture.
- Add eggs, salt and fresh herbs and mix well.
- Place diced, toasted bread in blender and pulse.
- Add in to mixing bowl with panko and cheese.
- Mix until well incorporated.
- Roll evenly formed meatballs and place on a sheet pan.
- Roast in a 375 degree oven until internal temp of 165.