Recipe Summary: These crab cakes take 15 minutes to prep, and 8 minutes to cook.
- Crab Meat 1/4 lb
- Butter 1/4 oz
- Scallions – chopped 2 tbsp
- Red Peppers 2 oz
- Celery 2 oz
- Japenese Bread Crumbs 5 tbsp
- Mayo 1/4 cup
- Parsley 1 tbsp
- Grated Romano Cheese 2 tbsp
- Old Bay Seasoning 1/4 tbsp
- Kosher 1/4 tsp
- White Pepper 1/4 tsp
- Remove crab from package and place in a strainer to make sure any excess water gets drained off.
- Sauté onions, peppers and celery in butter for 3 minutes until vegetables are al dente with a bite.
- Remove from heat and cool on a perforated hotel pan to drain any liquid from vegetables.
- Add peppers, onions, celery, parsley, mayo, old bay seasoning, salt and pepper to a clean mixing bowl and mix well.
- Add bread crumbs and cheese and mix well.
- Carefully add crabmeat and gently fold it into the mix, trying not to break up crab.
- Form crab into 3 oz balls and form them into cakes that are 1″ thick.
- Add oil to a sauté pan.
- Toss crab cakes in Japanese bread crumbs to coat well.
- Cook on both sides until golden brown.
- Serve with favorite sides.