Recipe Summary: Our famous coconut shrimp takes
- Large Shrimp peeled, deveined, butterflied (12 each)
- Panko Bread Crumbs (1 cup)
- Shredded Coconut (1 cup)
- Flour (8 tbsp)
- Coconut egg wash (8 tbsp)
Coconut Egg Wash:
- Eggs (2 each)
- Cream of coconut (1 15 oz. can) (we recommend coco lopez)
- Confectionary Sugar (1 tbsp)
- Flour (3/4 cup)
Spicy Orange Marmalade:
- Orange Marmalade (10 fl. oz.)
- Sweet chile sauce (1 1/2 tbsp)
- Soy Sauce (1/4 cup)
- Chopped Garlic (1/4 tbsp)
- Finely Ground Ginger (1 tbsp)
- Chopped Scallions (1/4 bunch)
- Chopped Cilantro (1 1/2 tbsp)
- To butterfly shrimp, run a knife down the back, from the shell to bottom. Do not cut through shrimp.
- Mix bread crumbs and coconut flakes in appropriate container.
- Mix flour in another container.
- Place egg wash in a third container.
- Coat shrimp with and place coated shrimp in egg wash.
- Dip coated shrimp into bread crumb and coconut mixture and pat onto shrimp.
Coconut Egg Wash
- Crack eggs into appropriate container. Mix well.
- Add cream of coconut, sugar and flour.
- Blend to incorporate.
Spicy Orange Marmalade
- Combine ingredients and mix well.
- Deep fry for 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with marmalade dipping sauce.