Hosting a party to celebrate the New Year with some friends and family? Or looking for a quick and easy recipe to share for whatever the occasion? We are here to help! It’s no surprise that soup is always a go-to choice for many different reasons, but in this case: it is perfect for sharing while taking little time to prepare.
Tomato Basil Soup is a signature item on the Not Your Average Joe’s menu and pairs deliciously with bread, crackers, sandwiches, or any other side dish of your liking. In the cold months, Tomato Basil soup has the right amount of favor to keep any party guest happy and warm. This quick and easy recipe makes 4 to 5 gallons—making it enough feed your guests.
- 4 fl oz Cooking Oil of your preference
- 48 oz Chopped Onions
- 8 oz Chopped Garlic
- 1 tsp Red Crushed Pepper
- 3 oz Salt
- 4 fl oz Tomato Paste
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Base
- 92 fl oz V-8 Juice
- 6-10 cans of Canned Tomatoes
- 5 oz Chopped Basil
- 4 qt Heavy Cream
- In a Stock Pot add onions, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt and oil until tender.
- Add tomato paste and let cook for five minutes.
- Then add canned tomatoes, V-8 juice, vegetable base, and basil. Let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Finish with heavy cream and simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
- Blend until you’ve reached desired smoothness.
- Serve and garnish with chopped basil! Good for 5 days.