Everyone knows the perfect holiday party starts with the Starters! Luckily, we’re here to help with the h’orderves, assist with the appetizers, and support with the small plates. We’ve compiled a list of our favorite recipes to get the party started. If you’re looking to be the perfect holiday host, look no further!
Our Coconut Shrimp recipe is an absolute classic. It’s easy, fast, and ready to wow your guests!
- Large Shrimp peeled, deveined, butterflied (12 each)
- Panko Bread Crumbs (1 cup)
- Shredded Coconut (1 cup)
- Flour (8 tbsp)
- Coconut egg wash (8 tbsp)
Coconut Egg Wash:
- Eggs (2 each)
- Cream of coconut (1 15 oz. can) (we recommend Coco Lopez)
- Confectionary Sugar (1 tbsp)
- Flour (3/4 cup)
Spicy Orange Marmalade:
- Orange Marmalade (10 fl. oz.)
- Sweet chile sauce (1 1/2 tbsp)
- Soy Sauce (1/4 cup)
- Chopped Garlic (1/4 tbsp)
- Finely Ground Ginger (1 tbsp)
- Chopped Scallions (1/4 bunch)
- Chopped Cilantro (1 1/2 tbsp)
- To butterfly shrimp, run a knife down the back, from the shell to bottom. Do not cut through shrimp.
- Mix bread crumbs and coconut flakes in an appropriate container.
- Mix flour in another container.
- Place egg wash in a third container.
- Coat shrimp with and place coated shrimp in egg wash.
- Dip coated shrimp into bread crumb and coconut mixture and pat onto shrimp.
Coconut Egg Wash
- Crack eggs into an appropriate container. Mix well.
- Add cream of coconut, sugar, and flour.
- Blend to incorporate.
Spicy Orange Marmalade
- Combine ingredients and mix well.
- Deep fry for 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with marmalade dipping sauce.
Recipe Summary: The prep time on our lamb meatballs is 15 minutes, and cook time is 20 minutes. With under an hour to get them ready, it’s the perfect app for a busy holiday host!
- Vegetable oil ¼ cup
- Fresh rosemary, chopped 1 tbls
- Fresh Thyme 1 tbls
- Kosher salt 1 tbls
- Diced red onions 1 cup
- Chopped garlic 1 tbls
- Cracked black Pepper ½ tbls
- Red pepper flakes ¼ tbls
- Cinnamon ¼ tbls
- Cumin ½ tsp
- Nutmeg 1 pinch
- Ground lamb 1.25 lb
- Ground pork .25 lb
- Eggs 1 each
- Ciabatta bread 1 cup, diced and toasted
- Panko bread crumbs ¾ cup
- Romano cheese, grated 2 tbls
- In a large sauté pan, add oil and cook onions and garlic until tender and translucent.
- Add dry spices and allow to cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground meats with the cooled onion mixture.
- Add eggs, salt and fresh herbs and mix well.
- Place diced, toasted bread in blender and pulse.
- Add in to mixing bowl with panko and cheese.
- Mix until well incorporated.
- Roll evenly formed meatballs and place on a sheet pan.
- Roast in a 375 degree oven until internal temp of 165.
Sesame Ginger Vinaigrette
Fish Sauce 3/4 fl oz
Chopped Garlic ½ tbsp
Finely Grated Ginger Root 1 ½ tbsp
Lime Juice ¼ cup
Mayonnaise 1 cup
Dry Mustard ½ tbsp
Cooking Oil 1 ½ tbsp
Sesame Oil 1 ½ tbsp
Kikkoman Teriyaki ¾ cup
Rice Wine Vinegar ½ cup
Ponzu Sauce ½ cup
Chopped Cilantro ¼ cup
Add all ingredients but cilantro to blender. Blend until smooth. Add cilantro and mix well.
Iceburg Lettuce Cups 9 each
Chicken Strips 1 lb
Diced Vegetable of Choice 12 oz (we recommend carrots, cabbage, snap peas and peppers)
Sesame Ginger Vinaigrette 6 fl oz
Chopped Peanuts 3 tbsp
Lightly oil and season chicken with salt and pepper. Place on a grill. Grill both sides, leaving grill marks.
In a clean mixing bowl, mix chicken, vegetables and dressing. Toss well to coat. Place mixture in lettuce cups. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts.
Recipe Summary: These lamb sliders 15 minutes to prep and 25 to cook.
- Ground lamb (½ lb)
- 80/20 ground beef (½ lb)
- Mint 2 (½ tbsp)
- Diced white onions (¼ cup)
- Chopped garlic (¼ tbsp)
- Harissa paste (1 tbsp)
- Combine ingredients and mix well.
- Hand form in 2 ½ patties.
- Sear in preheated pan and cook until desired temperature.
Looking for more recipe ideas? Check out a full list of available recipes here.