This November, sharing is caring here at Not Your Average Joe’s! With Thanksgiving approaching quickly and Christmas shopping in the works, we wanted to bring you a warm and easy to make recipe—Chicken Noodle Soup, Joe’s style. This recipe is perfect for sharing, so this serving size will be 1 gallon—enough for everyone.
Prep Time: 2 Hours
What you’ll need:
3 tbsp Oil
4 cups ½ in Diced Carrots
3 cups ½ in Diced Celery
3 cups ½ in Diced Onions
½ oz Peeled Garlic
1 tbsp Fresh Thyme
1 tbsp Parsley
1 Whole Cooked Chicken (shredded)
1/3 cups Chicken Base
1 ½ gallon Water
25-30 oz Cooked Noodles (your choice)
- In a preheated pot, heat oil.
- Next, add carrots, celery, onions, and garlic to pot.
- Cook until onions are translucent.
- Add chicken base and water, then bring to a boil.
- Lower to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Skim oil from top and discard. (optional)
- Add cooked, shredded chicken & noddle’s then stir.
- Season to liking with salt & pepper.
- Simmer for 5 minutes on low heat.
- Serve & Enjoy!